• Allderdice hoist the Pittsburgh City Championship trophy for the 2023/24 boys basketball season. (Pittsburgh Union Progress)

Sports

Ranking the Last 10 Years of Allderdice Boys Basketball

• Attending a Student Voice Meeting

At Allderdice

Attending a Student Voice Meeting

• Backword 2024

Flippin’ Dice

• Teachers Vote In 2024 Presidential Election

Backword 2024

Teachers Vote In 2024 Presidential Election

• Backword 2024

Allderdice Teachers Bring Back Meadows

• District Rebudgets Yondr Pouch Money

Backword 2024

District Rebudgets Yondr Pouch Money

• Ship Page For Teachers

Backword 2024

Ship Page For Teachers

• The Real Senior Superlatives

Backword 2024

The Real Senior Superlatives

• Backword 2024

Little Misses of Allderdice

• Huge Influx of Hospitalizations after Mass Food Poisoning Caused by Dice Cafeteria Meal

Backword 2024

Huge Influx of Hospitalizations after Mass Food Poisoning Caused by Dice Cafeteria Meal

The Student News Site of Allderdice High School

The Foreword

Allderdice Updates

The Foreword

The Foreword

2023 Steelers: Season Predictions

Karl Roser/Pittsburgh Steelers

Last year the Pittsburgh Steelers managed to end the season with a winning record of 9-8 after going 3-7 in the first ten games of the season. The Steelers have not had a losing season since 2003, and this streak will not come to an end this year. 

Game 1: 49ers 

Game 1 for the Steelers is going down in their own home. The 49ers have a pretty good team with players such as George Kittle, Christian McCaffrey, Deebo Samuel, and Nick Bosa, and are starting Brock Purdy at quarterback. Brock Purdy stepped up for the 49ers at the end of last season and showed a lot of promise. The 49ers have a very talented roster and they will be too much for the Steelers to handle in game 1. (0-1)

Game 2: Browns 

The Steelers have another home game against the Browns in week 2 and this game will be a blowout. Deshaun Watson looked terrible at the end of last year and the Browns simply do not match up with the Steelers. Mike Tomlin’s career record against the Browns is 23-4-1 over 16 seasons of coaching everything points to the Steelers winning this game. (1-1)

Game 3: Raiders 

This is the Steelers’ first away game of the season. The Raiders have a very talented receiving core, and the Steelers secondary isn’t looking like a fair match-up against the threat of talented receivers Davante Adams, Hunter Renfrow, and Jakobi Meyers. This game will be down to the wire, however, the Raiders will pull away with the win (1-2)

Game 4: Texans

The Texans didn’t look too good last season as they ended with a record of 3-13-1. Although the Texans have shown improvement since last year, (mainly acquiring a good quarterback in CJ Stroud) they aren’t a very talented team and this game will not be close. (2-2)

Game 5: Ravens

The Ravens are coming into the Steelers’ home for week 5, and this will be another down-to-the-wire game, but the Steelers will come away with the win. Home-court advantage will help the Steelers with their momentum and they will come away with the win at the end of the 60 minutes. (3-2)

Game 6: Rams

The Rams struggled all of last year with QB problems and had a disappointing season. They ended the season with a record of 5-12. Matthew Stafford is getting older and has been struggling with injuries. The Rams will be slightly better than last year, however, it will simply not be enough to win this game. (4-2)

Game 7: Jaguars

This game is going to be a blowout. The Jaguars have a solid QB and a couple of good pieces on their team, but won’t be able to deal with the Steelers offence as they are mainly an offensive-driven team. To add on top of that, the Steelers have a home-court advantage. (5-2)

Game 8: Titans

This game is going to be tough for the Titans. They had the highest allowed pressure rate last year of 9.4 percent which is 2 percent higher than the next worst team. This game is going to test the Titans’ newly built O-line but the Steelers will just cause too much pressure to handle. (6-2)

Game 9: Packers

The Packers lost their most significant piece last year, Aaron Rodgers. There isn’t much to say about this team other than, they aren’t looking too great this year. They don’t have a good quarterback and don’t have many good pieces, they will end up losing this game. (7-2)

Game 10: Browns

This is the second time the Steelers play the Browns but this time, they are away. The Steelers will end up going 1-1 against the Browns this year. Nick Chubb is one of the best running backs in the league and the Steelers run defense will have issues stopping him this game.  (7-3)

Game 11: Bengals

The Bengals still have a great team and have finished at the top of our division in the last 2 years. They are the best team in our division and I don’t see the Steelers winning this game. They won’t be able to keep up with the Bengals’ talented receiving core and Joe Burrow. (7-4)

Game 12: Cardinals 

The Cardinals were one of the worst teams in the league last year with a record of 4-13 after Kyler Murray was dealing with injuries. He is still injured and according to sportsnaut.com he reportedly won’t even play during the 2023 season. Even if he does come back, he will not be the same player he was pre-injury. The Steelers will win this game. (8-4)

Game 13: Patriots 

Two of the greatest coaches will be facing off this week. Bill Belichick is a better coach than Mike Tomlin, but he doesn’t have a lot of talent to work with. The Patriots’ roster is fairly mediocre and the Steelers have a home advantage in this game. The Steelers will beat the Patriots in their 13th game (9-4)

Game 14: Colts

There isn’t much to say about the Colts other than that they will lose this game. They don’t have any talent on the team at all and just aren’t a very good team. The Steelers will win this game and it won’t be close. (10-4)

Game 15: Bengals

The Bengals beat them in week 11 and will beat them again. The Bengals are one of the best teams in the league and the Steelers just do not match up against the Bengals. (10-5)

Game 16: Seahawks

I am looking forward to this game, this is gonna be another close game that will be decided in the last few minutes. The Seahawks are a talented team with a great offense run by Geno Smith, and a great receiving core in DK Metcalf, and Tyler Lockett. However, the Seahawks defence is lackluster and they will have trouble defending the Steelers down the stretch. (11-5)

Game 17: Ravens

What better way to end the season than a division rivalry game? The Ravens get the home-court advantage and this game will not matter much to the Steelers as they will have already secured a playoff spot. The Ravens will win this game. (11-6)

The whole Allderdice community is optimistic about the Steelers as well. Surveying 17 different students and teachers at Taylor Allderdice High School, one person stated that the Steelers would have a record of 8-9, two people voted they would go 9-8, three people voted 10-7, five people said they would finish 11-6, another 5 said they would go 12-5, and the final person said they would go 13-4.

The general consensus seems to be that the Steelers will have a good season this year.  The Pittsburgh Steelers had struggles last year due to their bad offensive line, tough schedule and lackluster secondary. However, as long as they stay healthy they will go 11-6 as they are one of the most improved teams in the NFL.