• Superintendent Wayne N. Walters speaks to City Council 
for the annual Take A Father To School Day proclamation.

Local News

“We’re About Half Full” Pittsburgh School Leaders Present Draft Facilities Utilization Plan

• Allderdice hoist the Pittsburgh City Championship trophy for the 2023/24 boys basketball season. (Pittsburgh Union Progress)

Sports

Ranking the Last 10 Years of Allderdice Boys Basketball

• Attending a Student Voice Meeting

At Allderdice

Attending a Student Voice Meeting

• Backword 2024

Flippin’ Dice

• Teachers Vote In 2024 Presidential Election

Backword 2024

Teachers Vote In 2024 Presidential Election

• Backword 2024

Allderdice Teachers Bring Back Meadows

• District Rebudgets Yondr Pouch Money

Backword 2024

District Rebudgets Yondr Pouch Money

• Ship Page For Teachers

Backword 2024

Ship Page For Teachers

• The Real Senior Superlatives

Backword 2024

The Real Senior Superlatives

• Backword 2024

Little Misses of Allderdice

The Student News Site of Allderdice High School

The Foreword

Allderdice Updates

The Foreword

The Foreword

A Ranking of Popular Fall Starbucks Drinks

Danielle DeAngelis

With fall approaching we have so much to look forward to: temperatures going down, Halloween season right around the corner, sweaters and flannels beginning to come out of our closets, and the perfect time to binge-watch Gilmore Girls once again. Perhaps the most exciting part of this time of year though is Starbucks’ release of their fall menu. From their iconic pumpkin spice latte to their beloved pumpkin cream cold brew, there are several classic and newly released drink options to get you in the fall mood. No matter your taste preferences, there is a drink for you on the Starbucks fall menu. 

To determine the best drinks on the menu for Allderdice students, we decided to go to Starbucks and try all of their most popular fall drinks. After much consideration, we have ranked which of six options are the best to invest in at Starbucks.

1. Apple Crisp Oatmilk Macchiato

Returning for its third year, the Apple Crisp Oatmilk Macchiato has become a notoriously disliked drink among Starbucks frequenters. Eyoha Teshome, a Starbucks regular, had this to say about the drink: “The drink is too sweet, I don’t like it.” We decided to verify these claims ourselves. At first sip, we were hit with a tsunami of sweetness – so overwhelming that we could feel our arteries being clogged. Even though the word “Apple” is in the name, we got very little apple flavor but were met instead with the robust apple smell. The intense sweetness made it hard to distinguish any other flavors, however, there was a strong aftertaste of Snickerdoodle. This drink was essentially a liquid version of the caramel apple candy lollipops you receive on Halloween. Overall, this is a 3/10, potentially redeemable if you reduce the number of Apple Brown Sugar pumps.

Apple Crisp Oatmilk Macchiato from Starbucks.

1. Pumpkin Spice Creme

The Pumpkin Spice Creme is a slightly more underground fall drink. Even the barista was initially confused when we placed this order. All it is is a Pumpkin Spice Latte but without any coffee. This drink is very sweet with quite a strange pumpkin flavor. The pumpkin taste is somewhat chemically and tastes different in this drink than in many of the other pumpkin-flavored beverages. Overall this is a 5/10 and a good replacement for those who don’t like the taste of coffee but still want to take part in the fall fun. However, we recommend that you reduce the number of pumpkin syrup pumps for a better taste.

Pumpkin Spice Creme from Starbucks. (Starbucks)

1. Pumpkin Cream Coldbrew 

The Pumpkin Cream Coldbrew is a classic fall Starbucks drink and is beloved by many. The Pumpkin Cream is one of the best seasonal additions that Starbucks has come out with and is the highlight of their cold brews. Cassidy Sluss, another student at Allderdice and avid Starbucks drinker says, “The Pumpkin Cream Coldbrew is probably my favorite drink of all time. I cannot rave about it enough. It’s amazing – the right amount of sweet and bitter.” Overall, we think it is a delicious drink with a nice pumpkin flavor, ranking a solid 7/10, but the Pumpkin Cream to cold-brew ratio is not the best. We recommend ordering this drink with extra Pumpkin Cream as it will otherwise be bitter with an overwhelming coffee taste. If you are a coffee lover looking for a hint of fall this drink will be great for you. 

Starbucks’s Pumpkin Cream Coldbrew. (Danielle DeAngelis)

1. Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino

Starbucks’s Pumpkin Spice Latte has become a fall staple over the years, resulting in numerous spin-offs such as the Pumpkin Spice Creme and Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte, but few know of the Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino. This drink is for those who want to partake in the “pumpkin-y” vibes of fall, while also having something sweet and cold. It has a very similar taste to the caramel frappuccino but tastier. The pumpkin flavor is not too prominent and is a little overwhelmed by the numerous other spices. It is definitely a 9/10 drink for those with a sweet tooth.

Starbucks’ Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino.

1. Pumpkin Spice Latte

The Pumpkin Spice latte has been a classic on the Starbucks fall menu since 2003. Its strong notes of pumpkin and delicious creamy texture make it the perfect drink for the fall season, and an immediate favorite of ours. The latte is not too sweet, having the perfect combination of flavors. The taste of coffee is also prominent in the drink, making it the perfect fall beverage for both coffee and pumpkin lovers. This warm drink transports you to a beautiful fall day with cloudy weather and leaves blowing in the air. This drink received a strong 9/10 from us. 

Starbucks’s Pumpkin Spice Latte. | Photo Credit: Starbucks

Starbucks’s Pumpkin Spice Latte. (Starbucks)

1. Pumpkin Cream Chai Tea Latte

This newly released drink has taken the world by storm. The Pumpkin Cream Chai Latte combines the classic Iced Chai Latte and Pumpkin Cream Coldfoam. The flavor of chai is unexpectedly strong and slightly overtakes the lesser pumpkin taste. The drink is very sweet, but with the ice, not too overpowering. Essentially, it’s just an improved version of both the Iced Chai Latte and Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew. We will be mourning the loss of this drink long after the fall season (10/10).

Starbucks’ new fall drink, the Iced Pumpkin Cream Chai Latte. (Starbucks)

Overall, there are so many delicious fall drinks offered by Starbucks to get you into the spooky season mood. If you are searching for something to best encompass the autumn vibe, we recommend the Pumpkin Spice Latte, of course, and the Iced Pumpkin Cream Chai Latte. So what are you doing? Go try them!